Cebu city mayor sees no harm in deploying military personnel, trucks during ECQ

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
Spread the love
Together with a Multi-Purpose Armored Vehicle (MPAV), members of the PNP-SAF check on residents who are violating quarantine rules in Barangay Basak San Nicolas, Cebu City on June 29, 2020. Photo by Gelo Litonjua/Rappler

Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella said he saw “no harm” with the presence of military trucks there in a bid to curtail the spread of coronavirus, despite Vice President Leni Robredo’s warning that this may sow unnecessary fear among residents. 

“There is no harm if there are military personnel, military tanks… This fight against coronavirus is like a war. This kind of war is rather more difficult because we are fighting an invisible enemy,” Labella said in an interview with ANC.

“It requires all of us residents some kind of self-discipline… The visibility of our military and PNP personnel, and of course show of force, is one of the ways we can show and impose discipline,” he added. 
 
Last week, the vice president questioned the military tanks deployed to Cebu City after President Rodrigo Duterte placed it back under the strictest lockdown classification due to a sudden spike in COVID-19 cases. 

DepEd to boost security, mental health efforts

Spread the love

Spread the loveMANILA – The Department of Education (DepEd) assured on Thursday it will boost coordination and interventions for security and mental health concerns

LRT-2 to allow pets starting February

Spread the love

Spread the loveMANILA — Starting February, pets will be allowed on the Light Rail Transit Line 2 (LRT-2), but in accordance with certain

LATEST NEWS

TRENDING NEWS