Starting September 30, provincial buses with routes to Metro Manila will be plying the roads again as public transport reopens more, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) confirmed on Friday, September 25.
It is still uncertain if all routes are included in the resumption of operations. LTFRB chairman Martin Delgra said that a memorandum circular on the routes included will be released this weekend.
A meeting between the LTFRB and bus companies is scheduled on Monday to iron out the protocols which will be implemented.
LTFRB National Capital Region director Atty. Zona Russet Tamayo previously said that only a 50-percent capacity of provincial buses will be allowed in compliance with the protocol of the national government once operations resume.