Bayanihan 2 Update: P4 billion out of P140 billion of COVID-19 funds released so far

Spread the love

The Department of Budget and Management reported Thursday, October 21, that it had released P4 billion out of the total P140 billion funds from the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act (Bayanihan 2) allocated to address COVID-19 pandemic impact to several sectors.

This sluggish pace has earned the ire of some lawmakers who noted that Bayanihan 2 may not an extension if funds are not released.

Budget Secretary Wendel Avisado said the following Bayanihan 2 allocations still needed the approval of President Rodrigo Duterte: 

  • P9.5 billion for the transport department
  • P10 billion for the Small Business Corp. 
  • P8 billion for the labor department
  • P46.2 billion for the social welfare department
  • P11.6 billion for the agriculture department
  • P20.5 billion for the health department

“It will be released as soon as possible. Sinisigurado lang po ng Office of the President na kinakailangan talaga ang mga pondong iri-release,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a briefing.

[The Office of the President is just ensuring that the funds that will be released are needed.]

Bayanihan 2 is the Philippines’ second COVID-19 aid package which authorizes the government to spend P140 billion to help sectors affected by the pandemic. 

LATEST NEWS

TRENDING NEWS