The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) on Monday published the list of subgroups under the A4 category for COVID-19 vaccine prioritization.
In a press briefing, Undersecretary Rosemarie Edillon of NEDA explained that the A4 group consists of economic sectors that have high levels of exposure to the public. Essential workers under the category will be vaccinated after the ongoing inoculation of senior citizens and people with co-morbidities.
Below are the subgroups for the A4 priority cluster:
- A4.1 – Commuter transport (land, air, and sea), including logistics
- A4.2 – Frontline government workers in justice, security, transport and social protection sectors
- A4.3 – Public and private wet and dry market vendors; frontline workers in grocery, supermarkets; delivery services
- A4.4 – Workers in manufacturing for food, beverage, medical and pharmaceutical products
- A4.5 – Frontline workers in food retail, including food service delivery
- A4.6 – Frontline government workers
- A4.7 – Frontline workers in financial services
- A4.8 – Teaching and related personnel in medical and allied medical courses of higher education institutions, including personnel handling laboratories
- A4.9 – Frontline workers in hotels and accommodation
- A4.10 – Priests, pastors, religious leaders regardless of denomination
- A4.11 – Construction workers in government infrastructure projects
- A4.12 – Security guards/personnel assigned in the establishments, offices, agencies, and organizations
- A4.13 – Overseas Filipino workers not classified above, and scheduled for deployment within two months
Edillon encouraged establishments, agencies, and organizations (EAOs) to provide needed assistance such as logistics support including transport services, to facilitate the inoculation of their qualified workers.