PRRD decides to retain 1-meter distancing in public transpo

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
Spread the love

After considering several recommendations from different parties, President Rodrigo Duterte has decided to retain the policy of requiring a 1-meter distance between passengers on public transport, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Saturday.

“Matapos pong pag-aralan ni Presidente ang rekomendasyon ng parehong panig na nagsasabi na dapat manatili sa 1 meter ang physical distancing sa pampublikong transportasyon at ‘yung mga nagsasabi na pupuwede naman itong pababain basta may face shield, face mask, walang salita… nagdesisyon na po ang Presidente kahapon.”

“Ang desisyon, mananatili po ang 1-meter social distancing sa pampublikong transportasyon,” said Roque.

[After the President studied the recommendations of both sides, those saying the 1-meter distancing in public transport should remain and those saying it can be lowered as long as the use of face shields and masks is required, no words… the President decided yesterday. The decision is to keep the 1-meter social distancing in public transport.]

The government earlier this week announced the implementation of a reduced physical distancing policy of 0.75 meters from 1 meter. This was met with opposition as health experts remind the administration of the lingering threat of COVID-19 case surges.

The Palace said that it will be Duterte who would decide on the physical distancing policy for public transport passengers after members of the government’s pandemic response task force failed to reach a consensus.

LATEST NEWS

TRENDING NEWS