MANILA – Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr., chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) against Covid-19, announced on Monday that all healthcare workers in the country have received their first dosage of the Covid-19 vaccination.
Galvez stated that a total of 1,667,015 doses had been administered to health workers, with 1,130,554 of them now fully protected against the disease.
“Now that 100 percent of our healthcare workers have received their first vaccine doses, we are confident to complete the vaccination of their priority group soon and open up our vaccine program to other sectors,” Galvez said.
Galvez anticipates that the government will be able to expedite and expand the national vaccination program as the number of vaccinations entering the country increases.
“We are working hard to secure more vaccines for our countrymen and ramp up our vaccination drive so that we can realize our goal of achieving population protection and herd immunity within the year,” he said.
As of Sunday, the Philippines had administered around 10,065,414 doses of Covid-19 vaccine.
Meanwhile, the city of Taguig government said that immunization for the first and second doses of Sinovac vaccine will be temporarily suspended beginning Monday and will resume until further notice.
“As of 12 noon, June 28, the DOH (Department of Health) has yet to authorize the use of the vaccines we currently have in our cold chain facility; thus the need for cancellation of vaccination schedules,” according to the city’s advisory.
Taguig guaranteed that individuals who have been registered for immunization will be given priority as soon as possible.
Residents with vaccination concerns may call the hotline numbers at 0935-226-7300 or 0961-704-4293.